Facebook Attracting More Visitors Than Google.com
vikingpower writes “Internet research firm Hitwise just broke the news: last week, Facebook attracted 7.07 percent of the internet traffic in the USA, compared to 7.03 percent for Google. This is the first time google.com has been out of the top spot since it surpassed MySpace in 2007, and reflects a change in the way people use internet. They tend to privilege social interaction sites above ‘passive’ search engines.”
Facebook still has a ways to go if you include Google’s non-search properties, which bring the total up to 11.03% of traffic.
- Twitter And Facebook Really Are Killing RSS (At Least For TechCrunch Visitors)
- LinkedIn Surpasses Myspace For U.S. Visitors To Become No. 2 Social Network; Twitter Not Far Behind
- Google+ Registers 25 Million Visitors
- Facebook, Microsoft Team Up Against Google
- Jibe’s Social Job Board Attracting More Than One Million Monthly Job Views