Best Resource For Identifying Legit Applications?
bjb writes “While helping a somewhat computer illiterate person figure out a problem recently, they mentioned that PDF files had recently stopped working. Upon investigation I found something installed called ‘PDF Suite.’ Never having heard of it, I Googled it with ‘malware’ and other key words, but nothing turned up, though my suspicion remained (and was somewhat confirmed by WOT.) So my question is, where can you go to find out if something is legitimate? Because the person I’m helping is on a dial-up connection, downloading malware detection applications (and updates) is too heavy consider. And I don’t maintain a USB stick with such apps, since I don’t do this kind of thing very often. Where can you quickly find information?”
- Bitcoin Miners Bundled With PUPs In Legitimate Applications Backed By EULA
- Saudi to Use Plentiful Resource (Sunlight) to Produce Scarce Resource (Fresh Water)
- ‘Fee-Deduction’ Malware On Android Spotted In the Wild
- KDE Releases Applications and Development Platform 4.12
- Red Hat 6.2 Brings Better Resource Management