Using Classical Music As a Form of Social Control
cyberfringe writes “Classical music is being used increasingly in Great Britain as a tool for social control and a deterrent to bad behavior. One school district subjects badly behaving children to hours of Mozart in special detention. Unsurprisingly, some of these youth now find classical music unbearable. Recorded classical music is blared through speakers at bus stops, outside stores, train stations and elsewhere to drive away loitering youth. Apparently it works. Detentions are down, graffiti is reduced, and naughty youth flee because they find classical music repugnant.”
- Project To Turn Classical Scores Into Copyright-Free Music Completed
- MusOpen Releases Open Source Classical Music As Pro Tools Files
- Orchestra To Turn Copyright-Free Classical Scores Into Copyright-Free Music
- Social Music App SoundTracking Passes 250K Downloads
- Ask Slashdot: Which International Online Music Stores Are Legit?