New English/Arabic Translation Site Hopes To Promote Citizen Diplomacy
Wired has mention of a new site that hopes to encourage a grass roots “citizen diplomacy” movement by combining English/Arabic translation software with a Facebook-style meeting place. “Meedan, which officially launches Monday, lets users post stories and comments in English and have them automatically translated into Arabic, or the opposite. People who don’t share a common language can have an online discussion in near real time. The name, appropriately, means “gathering place” or “town hall” in Arabic.
Think of it as a social network filled with people you don’t know, but want to understand.”
- Site Hopes Automatic Arabic-English Translation Translates Into Peace
- English Translation of Debian Administrator’s Handbook Available
- People Search Site MyLife Acquires Citizen Local To Power Local Services And Deals
- One Step Toward a Babel Fish: Real-Time Voice Translation For Phones
- Microsoft Demos Real-Time Translation Over Skype