Owners Smash iPhones To Get Upgrades, Says Insurance Company
markass530 writes “An iPhone insurance carrier says that four in six claims are suspicious, and is worse when a new model appears on the market. ‘Supercover Insurance is alleging that many iPhone owners are deliberately smashing their devices and filing false claims in order to upgrade to the latest model. The gadget insurance company told Sky News Sunday that it saw a 50-percent rise in claims during the month Apple launched the latest version, the iPhone 3GS.’”
- Getting Company Owners To Follow Their Own Rules?
- Nielsen: 32 Percent Of New Smartphone Owners Choose Android Phones
- Insurance Company Dongles Don’t Offer Much Assurance Against Hacking
- AT&T To Offer MobileProtect Insurance Plan To iPhone Users From June 6
- AT&T Activated 4.1 Million iPhones Last Quarter