Iran Suspends Google’s Email Service
appl_iran writes “Iran’s telecommunications agency announced that it would be suspending Google’s email services permanently, saying it would roll out its own national email service.” From the short article linked: “An Iranian official said the measure was meant to boost local development of Internet technology and to build trust between people and the government, according to the Wall Street Journal.” Funny way to go about that.
- Iran Blocks Gmail; Will Offer Surveillance-Friendly National Email Instead
- Iran Suspends Programmer’s Death Sentence
- Yik Yak, After Complaints From Schools, Suspends Its Service In Chicago
- US Postal Service Suspends Telecommuting Following Massive Breach
- Iran Plans To Launch an ‘Islamic Google Earth’