Heavy Internet Use Linked To Depression
An anonymous reader writes “People who spend a lot of time surfing the internet are more likely to show signs of depression, British scientists said on Wednesday. These ‘internet addicts’ spent proportionately more time browsing sexually gratifying websites, online gaming sites and online communities, Morrison said. They also had a higher incidence of moderate to severe depression than normal users.”
- Clay Shirky On Hackers and Depression: Where’s the Love?
- Detecting Depression From How (Not What) You Browse
- Start-Up Founders On Dealing With Depression
- Computer Game Designed To Treat Depression As Effective As Traditional Treatment
- Using Multiple Forms of Media At Once Correlates With Depression, Anxiety