With New SDK, VoIP Over 3G Apps Now Working On iPhone
silverpig writes “Yesterday marked the announcement of the Apple iPad device, and with it came a new version of the SDK. In this new version, Apple has lifted the voip over 3G restrictions that limited VOIP traffic to wifi only. This morning, Fring announced that it’s iPhone app is 3G capable starting immediately. No update is needed as apparently the app had 3G capability all along, but a server side block prevented its use. Furthermore, apparently a 3G capable version of skype has been ready for some time now, and has been waiting for this restriction to be lifted.”
- Skype Updates iPhone App To Fix Bugs And iPad Support; But Still No VoIP Over 3G
- Is Apple Working On iWork Apps For The iPhone?
- Skype For iPhone Now Supports Multitasking; Drops Plan To Charge Monthly Fee To Make VoIP Calls Over 3G
- Messaging And VoIP Apps Hitting Carrier Revenues
- Video: iWork Pages Working On The iPhone