News Experiment To Rely Only On Facebook, Twitter
snydeq writes “With a setup ripped right out of a reality show — or, perhaps more fittingly, ‘The Shining’ — a French-language public broadcasters association will put five journalists in a French farmhouse for five days, giving them no access to newspapers, television, radio, or the Internet, save Facebook and Twitter, to see how much world news they can report. The reporters will report this news on a communal blog. ‘Our aim is to show that there are different sources of information and to look at the legitimacy of each of these sources,’ said France Inter editor Helene Jouan. ‘This experiment will enable us to take a hard look at all the myths that exist about Facebook and Twitter.’”
- Poll: People Don’t Rely On Facebook, YouTube, Twitter For Election Information
- France Bans Facebook and Twitter From Radio and TV
- Ask Slashdot: Is There an Ethical Way Facebook Can Experiment With Their Users?
- Can Sites Rely On Facebook For User Login?
- France Orders Broadcasters to Un-Like Facebook, Unfollow Twitter