Tor Users Urged To Update After Security Breach
An anonymous reader writes “If you use Tor, you’re cautioned to update now due to a security breach. In a message on the Tor mailing list dated Jan 20, 2010, Tor developer Roger Dingledine outlines the issue and why you should upgrade to Tor 0.2.1.22 or 0.2.2.7-alpha now: ‘In early January we discovered that two of the seven directory authorities were compromised (moria1 and gabelmoo), along with metrics.torproject.org, a new server we’d recently set up to serve metrics data and graphs. The three servers have since been reinstalled with service migrated to other servers.’ Tor users should visit the download page and update ASAP.”
- Linux Foundation, Linux.com Sites Down To Fix Security Breach
- Adobe Breach Compromised Over 38 Million Users, Photoshop Source Code
- Ask Slashdot: What To Do When Finding a Security Breach On Shared Hosting?
- Lawsuit Claims Sony Canned Security Staff Just Before Data Breach
- ADP Experiences Security Breach