Another Attack, On Law Firm Suing China
An anonymous reader writes “In the wake of the attack on Google, another company claims to be the victim of a similar attack. Gipson Hoffman & Pancione is a Los Angeles law firm whose client, CYBERsitter is suing the government of China and several Chinese companies for using their intellectual property in the infamous Green Dam censorship filter. According to the firm, they have been targeted by a spear phishing attack from China.” Relatedly, smartaleckkill writes with news that the US state department is to formally protest to China over the alleged cyber-attacks on Google, “likely early next week.”
- China’s Politburo Behind Google Cyber-Attack?
- Google: Group In China Targeted Senior US Officials, Chinese Activists, Others With Phishing Attack
- Microsoft Outlook Users In China Hit With MITM Attack
- Targeted Attack Campaign Uses Android Malware
- How a Virginia Law Firm Outpaces the MPAA at Suing Over Movie Downloads