Moscow Police Watch Pre-Recorded Scenes On Surveillance Cams
An anonymous reader writes “During several months of 2009, Moscow police looked at fake pictures displayed on their monitors instead of what was supposed to be video from the city surveillance cams. The subcontractor providing the cams was paid on the basis of ‘the number of working cams,’ so he delivered pre-cooked pictures stored on his servers. The camera company CEO has been arrested.”
- Study: Police Body-Cams Reduce Unacceptable Use of Force
- LAPD Orders Body Cams That Will Start Recording When Police Use Tasers
- Watching the Police: Will Two-Way Surveillance Reduce Crime?
- Police Officers Seek Right Not To Be Recorded
- SEC Watch: MovieClips Raises $6M To Curate And Mashup Scenes From Movies