Why Apple Denied the Google Latitude App
awyeah writes “A recently revealed Apple patent looks remarkably similar to the functionality of Google Latitude, which Apple relegated to WebApp status earlier this year. Obviously if Apple is working on their own version of Google Latitude (or owns the IP rights to this functionality), they’d be hesitant to put an app with the same functionality on their devices from another company.”
- Tracked Down: Google Just Quietly Launched An Official Latitude iPhone App
- Apple Denied Trademark For ‘Multi-Touch’
- Google Latitude Finally Comes To The iPhone, Touts 9 Million Active Users
- 2 Years And 10 Million Users Later, Google Latitude Locates The Check-In
- Where Is Google Hiding Those 9 Million Active Latitude Users?