> Did the US Take the Back Seat In Science In 2009?
Did the US Take the Back Seat In Science In 2009?
tcd004 writes “In the PBS NewsHour’s roundup of the biggest science news of the year, Neil DeGrasse Tyson dropped this doozie: ‘[Scientific leadership] drives the economic strength and security of nations. The fall is not from a cliff. More like a slow, downward slide — almost imperceptible from day to day. But as the years pass America will have descended from leaders to players to merely followers as we fade to insignificance, at best hitching a ride on the innovations of others.’”
Source: Did the US Take the Back Seat In Science In 2009?
- Pirate Party Gains Another Seat In EU
- Singer Reportedly Outbids NASA for Space Tourist’s Seat
- Pirate Party Wins Seat In Berlin
- Seat Detects When You’re Drowsy, Can Control Your Car
- Idiot Leaves Driver’s Seat In Self-Driving Infiniti, On the Highway
Categories: slashdot America, day, democrats, doozie, downward slide, hitching a ride, idiocracy, Neil deGrasse, neil degrasse tyson, NewsHour, PBS, pbs newshour, Science, scientific leadership, tcd, Tyson, US, USA