Boost a Weak 3G Modem Signal, With a Saucepan
modeca writes “Using only commonly available kitchen equipment this guy demonstrates the amazing powers of an ordinary metal pan to boost the 3G reception of his USB modem. It really seems to work, check the right hand side of the graph in the video.”
It’s not that crazy: cheap antenna boosting (for USB WiFi dongles, Bluetooth, and more) has been elevated to a fine art in New Zealand.
- Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal Using Only a Beer Can
- PSA: Covering The iPhone In 4 Feet Of Concrete May Affect Signal Strength
- Apple Posts Videos Of Droid X And Nokia N97 Mini Antenna Performance And Their Weak Spots
- Videos And Photos Of Smartphone Antenna Performance And Their Weak Spots Disappear From Apple’s Website
- Broadcom Laying Off LTE and Modem Design Employees