Consumerist Says Apple Site Won’t Sell iPhone In NYC, Citing Network
cowp writes “A Consumerist tipster couldn’t get AT&T’s website to sell him an iPhone when he shopped using an NYC ZIP code, but could when he tried other cities’ ZIPs. Consumerist asked an AT&T CSR and seems to have gotten confirmation that this is carrier policy: ‘Yes, this is correct the phone is not offered to you because New York is not ready for the iPhone. You don’t have enough towers to handle the phone.’ Considering Apple’s gadget is currently the most popular handset in the U.S., its exclusive carrier’s inability/unwillingness to support the device in the country’s largest market is pretty huge news. If this proves true, I’d expect curtains for AT&T’s exclusivity deal when it comes up for renewal.” If you’re in NYC, can you confirm or deny this outlandish-sounding claim?
- Consumerist Says AT&T Site Won’t Sell iPhone In NYC, Citing Network
- Verizon CEO Would Love To Carry iPhone; Hopes Apple Will Offer It On Its 4G Network
- T-Mobile Rip-Offs An Apple Ad To Rip The iPhone… For Being On AT&T’s Network
- Fortune: Verizon To Sell CDMA-Based iPhone 4 From Early 2011
- iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Sell Out