How Can I Contribute To Open Source?
rtobyr writes “I work for a state government agency. That means we can’t donate money, because it’s a ‘gift of public funds.’ I had the idea to put up a Web page stating that we ‘use the following free software to save tax dollars,’ as a way to help spread the word about open source software, but management calls this an ‘endorsement.’ A mirror server is a no-go as well. I’m certainly not a talented enough programmer to help with development. I’ve donated $10 here and there out of my own pocket, but I’m hoping you Slashdotters have some creative ideas about how my organization could give something back to the teams that create free software we benefit so much from.”
- IT Poll: Does Your Organization Contribute to the Open Source Projects It Uses?
- How To Contribute To Open Source Without Being a Programming Rock Star
- Grad Student Looking To Contribute To Open Source
- Google and Adobe Contribute Open Source Rasterizer to FreeType
- The New 501(c)(3) and the Future of Open Source In the US