> Pentagon Fast-Tracks Face Transplants for Injured Veterans
Pentagon Fast-Tracks Face Transplants for Injured Veterans
December 21st, 2009 12:40
It’s been less than a year since American surgeons completed their first facial transplant. Now, the Department of Defense wants to fast-track the surgical science, in hopes of helping the estimated 200 veterans who’ve returned from Iraq and Afghanistan with injuries too serious to benefit from basic cosmetic surgery.
Source: Pentagon Fast-Tracks Face Transplants for Injured Veterans
- How Will Contemporary War Games Affect Veterans?
- Ask Slashdot: Robotics or Electronic Kits For Wounded Veterans?
- US Patent Office Fast Tracks Green Patents
- Pentagon Reportedly Hushed Up Chemical Weapons Finds In Iraq
- LinkedIn and Google Help U.S. Veterans Find Work and Each Other