BetaNet Sues Everyone For Remote SW Activation
eldavojohn writes “Not to be out patent trolled by Eolas, a mystery company named ‘BetaNet, LLC’ is suing: Adobe Systems, Inc, Apple, Inc., Arial Software, LLC, Autodesk, Inc.,, CARBONITE, INC., Corel Corp., Eastman Kodak Co., International Business Machines Corp., Intuit, Inc., Microsoft Corp., McAfee, Inc., Oracle Corp., Rockwell Automation, Inc., Rosetta Stone, Inc., SAP America, Inc., Siemens Corp. and Sony Creative Software, Inc. for infringement of their patent entitled Secure system for activating personal computer software at remote locations. And of course, this was filed in our favoritest of favorite places: Marshall, TX (Texas Eastern District Court).”
- Microsoft Files a Copyright Infringement Lawsuit For Activating Pirated Software
- More Lawsuits In The Land Of Electronics: Sony Sues LG
- Motorola’s XOOM Tablet To Cost $799; Wi-Fi Requires 3G Activation?
- It’s 2013, and Windows Activation Is Still Frustrating
- 100,000 iPhones Overwhelm Activation Server