How Men and Women Badly Estimate Their Own Intelligence
theodp writes ” In investigating the question of whether men are smarter than women, British researcher Adrian Furnham came up with some startling results. His analysis of some 30 studies showed that men and women are fairly equal overall in terms of IQ, but women underestimate their own intelligence while men overestimate theirs. Surprisingly, both men and women perceived men being smarter across generations — both sexes believe that their fathers are smarter than their mothers and their grandfathers are more intelligent than their grandmothers. And if there are children, both men and women think their sons are brighter than their daughters.”
- Natural Gender Selection: Starving Women Seem to Give Birth to More Daughters
- Ask Slashdot: Why Are Online Job Applications So Badly Designed?
- British CS Majors Doing Badly In the Jobs Market
- Xbox One Reputation System Penalizes Gamers Who Behave Badly
- Internet Archive’s San Francisco Home Badly Damaged By Fire