What Drugs Do Astronauts Take?
astroengine writes “Science fiction is stuffed full of examples of pill-popping space explorers and aliens enjoying psychedelic highs. After all, space is big; it can get boring/scary/crazy up there. It’s little wonder, then, that our current space explorers consume a cocktail of uppers, downers, tranquilizers and alcohol to get the job done. Robert Lamb on tranquilizers in the space station: ‘Sure, it hardly makes for a civilized evening aboard ISS, but it beats someone blowing the hatch because they think they saw something crawling on one of the solar panels.’”
Source: What Drugs Do Astronauts Take?
- Astronauts Fix Phantom Space Station Ammonia Leak
- International Space Station Infected With Malware Carried By Russian Astronauts
- NASA Astronauts To Open New Space Station Windows
- [Video] ISS Astronauts Climb Aboard the SpaceX Dragon Capsule
- A Trip to Mars Could Reduce Astronauts’ Muscles to Spaghetti