Hearst Launching Kindle Competitor and Platform "By Publishers, For Publishers"
The Hearst Corporation has announced their intention to launch an e-reader competitor to Amazon’s Kindle and a supporting store and platform that is much more “publisher friendly.” More details are available form their official press release this morning. “Launching in 2010, Skiff provides a complete e-reading solution that includes the Skiff Service platform, Skiff Store and Skiff-enabled devices. Skiff will sell and distribute newspapers, magazines, books, blogs and other content. Skiff gives periodical publishers tools to maintain their distinct visual identities, build and extend relationships with subscribers, and deliver dynamic content and advertising to a range of dedicated e-readers and multipurpose devices.”
- Five Top Publishers Plan Rival to Kindle Format
- Amazon Introduces 70% Revenue Share For Kindle Magazine And Newspaper Publishers
- Amazon Launching eBook Lending Program, Publishers Unenthusiastic
- Amazon Launches Native-Language Kindle Devices, Kindle Stores In Italy And Spain
- Taking a Look At Kindle Format 8