Is Linux Documentation Lacking?
eldavojohn writes “A number of blog posts are surfacing that are calling out the helpful open source community on their documentation. No, not the documentation for the highly skilled technical people, but the documentation from beginner to apprentice. A two-part series by Carla Schroeder lists bad documentation as ‘Linux Bug #1′ and advises users to use Google as the documentation. We’ve discussed before some of open source’s documentation being out of date. Is it really as bad as these blogs paint it? Has it come down to using Google before a man page?”
Source: Is Linux Documentation Lacking?
- NVIDIA To Publicly Release Some Tegra GPU Documentation
- AMD Brings 3D GPU Documentation Up To Date
- Intel Releases 5,000 Pages of Open-Source Haswell Documentation
- Ask Slashdot: What To Do About the Sorry State of FOSS Documentation?
- Developers May Be Getting 50% of Their Documentation From Stack Overflow